Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tanya's Lung Transplant 9: 8/18/09

Early Monday morning, Tanya hit a temperature of 102 degrees, which initially they thought was due to infection. Her nurse explained to her what a serious thing this was and told her the options, and Tanya said "do what you have to do." She was put under sedation and "reintubated" which means put back on the vent. Her doctors ordered a whole catalog list of antibiotics. Her temp kept climbing and her heart rate was up to 150. Sometime around 4 or 5 o'clock Tuesday her heart rate and temperature started going down and eventually reached normal. Now her doctor believes the fever was a reaction to one of the medications she was on, because all her numbers were good, and her oxygen was good, everything looked okay except she had a fever.
When I called this morning they said she's still doing well, and they're going to put a picc line in, pull the central line out of her neck, take her off the vent, and wake her up. Her white blood cells are going down to normal levels. White cells go up in the case of an infection, so it would seem there's no infection, but they're still watching for it. Still not 100% out of the woods yet, but shes on the right path. I'm glad they didn't rush her out of icu.

I've made some changes to the settings on the blog, so anyone who wants to should be able to leave comments now. Sorry about that, I'm a blog nØØb, this is my first blog and it's not even mine.

2 comments:

  1. you're kickin ass girl, keep it up. I'll see ya in a couple of weeks, gotta get rid of my cold from vegas first.

    Love ya,
    Uncle Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey miss tanya, hang in there kiddo, u r in my heart always in in my prayers. love ya momma jo

    ReplyDelete