Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec. 10th Hospital update

Well, my surgery got postponed on Monday due to scheduling screw up and no beds open in the hospital. So I came in Tue. morning and got my bronchoscopy done. Tons of goop, a little pneumonia and some thrush in my lungs but no rejection. We decided to first focus on this thing in my throat b/c it's becoming worse and is bothering me the most. They also said that it's causing me to aspirate into my lungs which caused the small area of pneumonia. The technical term for it is called Zenker's Diverticulum. Did some tests yesterday and they have me on IV antibiotic, antifungals, etc. No eating anything again! Just ice chips, water, and I can suck on hard candy. This time sround I actually don't want to eat b/c it hurts my throat and I feel like I'm gonna barf. I am feeling better today than when I first came in. Not dry heaving constantly throughout the day like I was. Since I'm not eating, they have me back on tube feeds 24/7. Still waiting to hear from the GI surgeon/docs to see if they want to do more tests or schedule surgery. Seems like everything takes sooo long to get done. They've been swamped here and overloaded in the ER so I guess that's why. I think the plan is to do the sinus surgery after I recover from the other surgery so I'll probably be here for 2 weeks. Hopefully things will go right and I'll get out of here before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You know that old prayer? "Lord, please give me patience ... FAST!!!!" Hang in there, Tanya. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete