Sunday, May 30, 2010

Surgery on Tuesday

Well, the plan is to go in on Tues June 1st and get this stomach J-tube taken out! Oh man I can't wait to get it out but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to being in the hsopital again and having yet another surgery! Ugh! I've had this thing in for almost a year! Got it even before TX. It gave me a lot of pain and doing tube feedings is no fun. Having to roll around the stupid poll that my bag of liquid feedings was hanging onto everywhere I went. I couldn't go anywhere while I was on that. At least while I was home, we got it down to doing the feedings only at night. It's still a pain to get around and having to flush it, clean it, fill up the bag every night, setting the pump up, picking up the poll where it wouldn't roll, having to go to the bathroom a lot, having constant diarhea from it, the uncoftableness with the button sticking out and making sure you don't do somethign to hurt it, along with dealing with IV meds too, and pain, ugh! Things have gotten better thoug. No IV meds, haven't been tube feeding for about 2 months now and keeping my weight on despite still not being able to swallow some things without pain. This is one more step in the right direction. My lung function has been pretty good but down a little from a week ago. I have a bronch due on the 15th so that should bring my numbers up again. I'll try to post soon after surgery along with some pics. Till then, I'm lovinng my new pup so much and she's keeping me smiling.

2 comments:

  1. You have to have surgery to get the tube out? The drs told me mine can be taken out outpatient. We must have diff tubes.I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you're right Jess. I didn't really know what was gonna happen but it turned out to be as simple as pulling it out! So glad of that. Seems to be healing ok. Bronch on Tuesday, June 15th.

    ReplyDelete