Monday, July 19, 2010

Update July 19th

Well, I cultered Aspergillis from the bronch they did almost 2 months ago. They have me on an anti-fungal called V-Fend 2 times daily. It's caused my Prograff levels and sugar levels to climbed so less Prograff and more insulin. Still have my swallowing issues but have spoken with one of the GI doctors about getting it stretched a little. Of course he wants me to meet with the GI surgeon who did the wrap and they can't see me till Aug. 20th. The Lung TX doctors don't think I need to see him and want to get this GI doctor to do the stretching. THe Lung TX doctors think that's why I keep getting a bunch of junk in my lungs b/c the food is sometimes not getting down fast enough and backing up ad going into my lungs. But, the GI doctor thinks it's something else. Ugh! So we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. I finally got off my pain patch and I'm noticing the increased pain but am tolerating it. Being off it means I can finally drive again!!!! My hole from the J-tube still freaks me out b/c it looks like another bellybutton. I'm hoping it will heal a little more. Should be able to go swimming again! Best news is that my pulmonary Function Tests (PFT's) were a record for me! 90% on my FVC and 85% on my FEV1!! Now if only it would stay that way! I have been having headaches when I wake up in the morning which I hope doesn't mean I need another sinus clean-out. I have an appt. with the ENT on Friday so I will know then. I'm not allowed to do any gardening in the yard now b/c they believe that's where I picked up the fungus so I'm kinda down about that. But, things should be better now that I can drive and swim! Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment