Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lung Transplant Clinic Appt. Nov. 16th

At 6:30am, ugh! Weight is still improving. I was about 110! Unfortunetly, my lung function was down on all tests :( Ranging around 4-8%. So I'm getting a bit worried. The doctor said to keep an eye on it and we'll see how I do next appointment. I'm even more worried about my numbers now than I was before transplant. On top of my health worries, I have new issues I'm having to deal with right now that are really adding to my stress. My Dad's wife just found out she has stage 4 cancer and it's spread through out and somehow her other doctors had failed to have her tested for it or even mention it even though she clearly was in poor health and having lots of issues. On top of that there are other family, insurance, and other issues making my life even more stressful. Thank goodness my family is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. That will at least cheer me up. I'll post an update after next clinic visit in 2 weeks. I also have a bronch coming up Dec. 8th and The Lung Transplant Christmas Party Dec. 6th! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tanya. Sorry to hear about your Dad's wife. Maybe you just had an off morning when it came to your PFT's. I know I wake up some mornings where my chest is tight, affecting my PFT's. Hopefully that was the case. I'll probably see you at the Lung TX Christmas Party! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's wife...they say bad things come in droves, don't they? My philosophy in life is that there's a quota to how many bad days you can have and how many bad things can happen to you, so when such things happen, I think "Well, okay. I have to deal with this now, but that's one down (meaning one less thing that'll come up against me in the future)!" -- I don't know if I explained it correctly, but it's sort of relieving. Anyway, I found your blog because I'm writing a research paper on organ donation and looked up "heart/lung transplant" on Google images. I'm just commenting to wish you the best of luck regarding your health--I don't know you but I'm very happy that you're still alive!

    Hope yu enjoyed Thanksgiving! A woman I sat next to on a train recently told me that Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday because it's all about sharing--on Christmas (and Hanukkah) you have to spend all this money on gifts and some people become selfish and jealous of other's gifts--but Thanksgiving...oh, that's when you sit around sharing stories and eating delicious things with your family. I thought that was sweet.

    --Gabby Saulsbery

    ReplyDelete