Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bad News!........The Abscess is back!

The abscess I had in Dec. that led to another thoracotomy and lots of pain, is BACK! They are hoping a long run of IV's might work this time since it was opened up a month ago, otherwise, might be another surgery! Man, this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back to having severe pain swallowing so that cuts back on what foods I can eat even more than it was! At least they are letting me do the 2 IV meds at home for now (Colistin and Zosyn). I'm having a bronch on Tuesday and a week later they want me to come in for re-evaluation of this horrible abscess! I can't believe this sucker came back! Might have been that I was taken of IV meds too soon. I was on them for 2 weeks before the surgery and 2 weeks after. I've heard that most abscesses usually are treated with 6 weeks of IV's. Who knows though really if even that would have done the trick. It was nice to have a break from the meds b/c they were kicking my butt with crappy side effects but not good if going off them led to this monster's return. I just hope and wish with every inch of my body that I won't have to go through what I went through before. I don't even know if I can handle that!? What if I went through all that again only to end up with it coming back again! I'm glad that at least I started on some Lexipro for depression and anxiety. I'd be even a bigger mess without that! Being at home helps too. Still, I feel cursed. Life is sooo unfair!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhh baby girl i am so sorry that you r going thur all of this stuff.if i could go thur it for u u know i would. just to give you a life free without all this crap.just know tanya that the power of prayer is very strong here in ohio for u. hang tough baby girl. love u momma jo

    ReplyDelete