Friday, September 4, 2009

Tanya's Lung Transplant 14: 9/4/09

Monday Tanya finally moved into a new room on the 8th floor, the transplant patient section. This was also the first day she walked outside her room. Her progress is very good, still with a 5 out of 10 on the pain scale, but she's had one of her drainage bulbs removed, and the other one will be taken out soon. Yesterday morning was kind of an off time, because her heart rate was slightly elevated and her microspirometer results were a bit worse than the day before, but by the afternoon she was feeling better. This morning she had a bronchoscopy, which is just a simple procedure to examine the inside of the lungs and remove any excess fluid. The procedure went very well. Every day she does better on the incentive spirometer, which measures lung capacity, but still needs to cough more. Now things are really moving along and she should be getting ready to go home in a couple weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya!
    I found your blog! Did you enjoy the drugs they gave you for the bronch? I know I did when I had mine! Glad to hear your doing better. You will definitely feel better once those chest tubes come out!

    Take care!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Angela! I'm 30 years old and I have end stage sarcoidosis. I was evaluated recently for a lung tx. Has all the pain been worth it? How do you deal with taking so much med. Currently I only take prednisone and spiriva. I don't know if i could deal with taking so many meds and the possibilty of missing a pill terrifies me. How do you deal with these issues?

    ReplyDelete