Friday, October 2, 2009

Tanya's Lung Transplant 19: 10/2/09

Last Day in the hospital


The nurse said they have patients who "barely fit" into this gargantuan wheelchair...
It's a good thing the McDonald's inside the hospital has wheelchair access.

No, I'm not that white! I have to wear these "TED" hose for 3 months post TX to keep from getting a blood clot. They are super tight and uncomfortable!
Back home finally!

Checking my daily medical log to make sure I get everything done.
B/P, temp, weight, breathing test numbers, 0xygen/heart rate stats, blood sugar check and insulin, and lots of pills

Leia missed her mommy

Box of meds is more filling than this soup!


Add Image

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Tanya. I hated wearing those stockings! So damn tight!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say that I just got in touch with your blog through shawns facebook. I have known of the situation due to my good friend Shawn. However I have not truely understood the actual distresses you are going through. I recently went through the chronicles of your life and feel it both heart breaking and heart warming... I believe you can get through anything with good strong support, and I can tell you have that with your loving family and a good hearted man such as Shawn. The best of luck to you! I will be pulling for you.

    Kevin Morris

    ReplyDelete